"I have sometimes dreamt that when the Day of Judgment

dawns-the Almighty will turn to Peter and will say when he sees us coming with

our books under our arms, 'Look, these need no reward. We have nothing to give

them here. They have loved reading.'" -Virginia Woolf




Sunday, July 18, 2010

July Book

This month we have two books to enjoy:
English Trifle by Josi Kilpack

and
Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

We will discuss these books on Wednesday, August 4th at 8pm at Sandy's NEW house! Also, I have updated the hostess schedule for the rest of 2010. If you need to change anything or trade with anyone, let me know, sooner rather than later please!

And one last item of interest: I noticed in the Cache Magazine this week an article promoting a book called Outcasts United by Warren St. John.

I mention it because the article says that Luma Mufleh, the woman that the book is based on, is giving a lecture at USU on Saturday, August 28th at 9:30am, in the Kent Concert Hall. If this interests you, maybe some of us could read the book and then attend the lecture together.

No comments:

Post a Comment